Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit is a smaller venue that I have very little experience with: I'm used to them having mellow, singer-songwriter kind of shows that I overhear when I'm next door at the High Dive.  They do have rock shows at the White Rabbit, though the stage is a bit small.

The place seems built for a slightly classier crowd-- the lighting is low and enhanced by candles and the drinks aren't what you'd call cheap, and a pair of single occupant unisex bathrooms don't exactly invite a crowd to have a wild and boozy time... but there's an open air back patio, and the place itself seems pleasant enough.

Even visiting on a Wednesday, I was kind of shocked at the unrestrained toolbox outside.  People have complained about how "Fremont sucks now" for as long as I've lived in Seattle, but I don't recall the main drag of this neighborhood crawling with meatheads looking for fights before.  I remember Fremont as being more middle-aged and hippieish... but it seems to have become a destination for a more dude-brah crowd.  I didn't see that one coming.

Comments