Monday, September 12, 2011

On Stage #5 - The player is not the audience

A continuing series of insights from the stage at the local club level...


5. The sound on stage doesn't have that much to do with the sound in the crowd-- monitors vary, relative positions to amps and drums vary, and room acoustics vary.  If you're lucky, someone in the crowd that knows your songs can tell you if the guitar's too loud of the bass is overwhelming (and ask them: I fully endorse asking the crowd), but onstage, just accept that the crowd isn't hearing what you're hearing.

 

 

 

 

Even limited to my experiences, this list is nowhere near complete.  I planted it as one of the first pages when I began this blog with the very first handful of points from the quickest surface skim of my gray matter.  It will continue to grow.

Comments