Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 7

Day 7 - Yay! Day off.

While it is good to have time to recuperate, I'm pretty sure I never need to see another commercial again. Even if we get to see the season premier of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the godawful commercials that pop up every few minutes are so frustrating, it's barely worth the time. That, and I'm just not keen on camping in front of a TV. None of us are, really, but if someone turns the damned thing on... it tends to stay on.

...until we head off for the creek to swim. Well, most of these guys swim. Me, I'm not a swimmer. It was a nice day out, we took the dog, rode in the back of the truck, stopped by a local tavern. I took the netbook and added horns to my stock "boonch boonch boonch" techno tune. Now it sounds like a really messed up theme song from a 70's cop show.

I got started on a new string quartet, too. But string quartets are like sudoku for me: I like puzzling out new key changes and modulations and the weird math of how the four voices go.

Then we came back and watched TV. Honestly, nobody stopped on crappy programming... but TV is just annoying. I need to not see any more of it.

Eventually, we went out to drink, play pool, darts, and that odd table version of shuffleboard with an old high school friend of Michelle's. The grand swing of the night was trying to find good music on the digital jukebox that didn't take a dollar per song.

All in all, a successful day off: we did almost nothing but relax.

The other perk was that we never even started the van today. Bruno had a complete day off.

Tomorrow, we probably won't stay in the hills. If we can find a place to stay, we'll head to the Bay Area early, try and do some promoting, and camp out somewhere near the venue.

Comments