Tuesday, November 15, 2011

On Stage #10 - Containers

A continuing series of insights from the stage at the local club level...


10. Beyond what fits in my instrument case, there's a handful of accessories that come with me to every show (cables, a stand, spare tremolo arms, capos) as well as some random tools (tape, a screwdriver, pliers, hex wrenches)-- I highly recommend carrying these kind of items in some kind of case, possibly labeled with your band name.  For quite some time, I carried this stuff to and from shows in a backpack... until I realized that there's nothing conspicuous about someone wandering away from a show carrying a backpack.  After replacing all the gear that walked out of a gig without me (cables ain't cheap), I now carry these items in an aluminum case with our band name on it.


  
Even limited to my experiences, this list is nowhere near complete.  I planted it as one of the first pages when I began this blog with the very first handful of points from the quickest surface skim of my gray matter.  It will continue to grow.

Comments