Thursday, August 9, 2012

On Stage 22 - ID

A continuing series of insights from the stage at the local club level...


22. Everyone has the internet-- choose a unique band name. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gone with a multi-word name that led searchers invariably to our band as their #1 result on Google... as it stands, not only are we named after a classic Philip K. Dick novel, we're not the only band called using “ubik” as a band name, either. We're doing fine, sure, but we could be easier to find... or harder: try finding videos of Lesbian, one of Seattle's best metal bands, I dare you (take a wild guess if the results might be NSFW).


  
Even limited to my experiences, this list is nowhere near complete.  I planted it as one of the first pages when I began this blog with the very first handful of points from the quickest surface skim of my gray matter.  It will continue to grow.

Comments