Saturday, April 28, 2012

Andrew WKoverband

I'm not one to shoot a lot of video: my camera's inadequate, I'd rather watch a show as it happens than save it for later, and my arm gets tired holding those things... however, some things need documenting.  When the members of Phalgeron said they were going to be playing an Andrew WK cover set at The Kraken, I had to go.  No one knew how a technical metal band (plus keys and a white-clad frontman) was going to sound banging out WK's simple, anthemic, party rock... but once the thing got under way, I had to find my camera.

Who knows if something like this will ever happen again. There was a palpable sense of fun in the room-- the crowd was nuts, everyone was singing along, people were bouncing off the walls.

If I had to power to make a better looking, better sounding video, I absolutely would; this is what I was able to get.

Comments